Our Taut Wire system is a position-Reference system designed to provide accurate data of a surface vessel’s movement with respect to the position of a depressor weight on the sea floor.
The Light Weight Taut Wire is a position reference system designed for use in deck-mounted port or starboard position on surface vessels. Its purpose is to provide accurate data of a surface vessel’s movements with respect to the position of a depressor weight on the sea floor.
A wire is maintained at a constant tension by means of a depressor weight on the sea-bed and a pneumatic and electric servo-assisted “mooring” system. Any movement of the vessel will cause the tensioned wire to deviate from its initial inclination. This movement activates potentiometers mounted in the gimbal (sensor) head and produces changes of analogue signals directly proportional to the deviation in inclination.
- Cost-effective main or supplementary positionreference system
- Well-proven and reliable technology
- Highly stable A-frame construction
- Separate control electronics for all-weather operations (ice-free)
- Operational water depth up to 500 m
- Tension monitoring
- Remote Control panel (wall-mounted or brackets)
- Operational for cold environment -30 degree Celsius (No icing)